Join Salty Dog and crew as we paddle out to our second Full Moon Paddle for 2020 in order to raise money for Sawyer (our Salty Dog of the month) on Friday, June 5th from 7PM – 9PM in Boca Raton. This is one of the most popular full moon paddles in South Florida. We paddle the intracoastal waters of Boca Raton and anchor up in the middle of Lake Boca in commemoration of our late volunteer, Sean “Ace” O’Connor. This paddle is perfect for first-timers since the water is so calm!
Why simply paddle when you can paddle for a purpose?
We will be dropping in at the Boat Ramp at Silver Palm Park at 7PM and the full moon is set to rise at 8PM, so the moon should be rising as we arrive at the sandbar in the middle of the salt water lake. If you arrive after 7PM meet us on the water!
There is no fee to join if you have your own board or kayak, but you must have a PFD (life jacket) and flashlight at night. We also recommend using an ankle leash in remembrance of our late volunteer – Andres Pombo. You will not be permitted to join if you do not have the safety equipment required by law.
Online pre-sale is a *$35 mandatory donation for all paddling equipment included (S.U.P-addleboard, paddle, leash, PDF, flashlight) or free if you have your own board or kayak. 100% of all profits from this paddle will be donated directly to Sawyer’s emergency surgery fund (we promise not to keep any portion to cover expenses). Note that the price increases to *$45 on the day of the paddle – June 5th.
Address for drop-in:
SE 5th Ave & E Royal Palm Rd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
1. All equipment – vessels (kayaks, surfboards, paddleboards) and accessories i.e. paddles, leashes, PFD’s, etc. are wiped down with bleach solution and washed with soap and water after each use.
2. All cleaned equipment is kept away from participants / guests, who will no longer be able to view equipment before use.
3. All volunteers are required to wash their hands for 20 seconds or wear a new pair of disposable gloves before handling any equipment.
4. All volunteers are required to maintain a 6-foot distance from participants / guests at all times. We ask that participants / guests respect this distance requirement.
5. Participants / guests are required to handle their own equipment. Specifically, unloading vessels from transported vehicle / trailer and carrying their own equipment.
6. Any participants / guest found not to be in compliance with this policy will have their watersports activity / rental canceled immediately and will not be eligible for a refund or credit.
*All funds received are considered a donation for this fundraiser.