Salty Dog Paddle Volunteering
If you would like to help raise funds for the medical care of animals in distress and enjoy our beautiful ocean at the same time, then volunteering might be the right choice for you! We have four volunteer positions currently available listed below. Since we are a 501(c)(3) public charity, volunteer hours can count towards a graduate degree nonprofit practicum or internship / externship program as we are affiliated with many of the Universities in the USA. We also offer court-ordered community service hours.
Why not help save lives and enjoy the ocean at the same time…?!
1. Assistant Stand-up Paddle Tour Guide / GoPro Photographer – click HERE
This is perfect if you have only been paddleboarding a few times and would like to learn more while helping to raise funds.
- Assist with paddle board lessons and tours.
- Be able to ensure that participants are safe and accounted for.
- Take photos of excursions.
- Be able to discuss and educate participants about local marinelife.
2. Fundraising Event Planner – click HERE
This position is perfect if you want to plan your own events.
- Help with event planning including inviting friends on Facebook and sharing events with friends.
- Assist at fundraising events with check-ins and sales.
- Assist at fundraising events by answering questions about Salty Dog Paddle.
- Solicit the sale of raffle tickets.
- Organize your own fundraisers.
3. Dog Handler – Click HERE
This position is perfect if you have previous volunteer experience at a rescue or shelter.
- Help with putting life jackets on dogs of all sizes.
- Help with reinforcing positive behaviors using high value treats.
- Help with getting dogs situated on boards.
- Hold and walk rescue dogs at events and fundraisers.
4. Social Media Specialist / Influencer – Click HERE
This position is for someone who has at least 10,000 followers on Instagram or Twitter and posts daily.
- Take catchy photos at events and fundraisers and post to the charity’s social media accounts @saltydogpaddle .
- Model our Salty Swag clothing and merchandise on Instagram.
- Help create posts to advertise the charity on Instagram and Twitter.
*Volunteering is the first step in serving on a committee or the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in being considered for a position with Salty Dog, please fill out this form with your preference(s) from above!